SIMPLE & EASY NEW MOON RITUAL
The New Moon and The Full Moon are two cycles that keep us in the flow with the rhythms and cycles of life. It’s so easy to have time just to go by without taking a moment to pause and reflect. The two Moon cycles give us the opportunity to do just that…create a moment to connect with our hearts, feelings, and intentions — honoring the sacred in everyday life. Spiritual Rituals do not have to be over-complicated and drawn out. They can be very simple and powerful when we create a sacred space to be quiet and listen. Here are a few things to consider having available for your New Moon Ritual.
A comfortable, cozy, and quiet spot to sit
About 10-20 minutes to yourself
Notebook + pen
Sage, Palo Santo, or Copal for smudging & fireproof plate
Anointing Oil or favorite Essential Oil
Crystals that want to hang out in the space
A cup of tea or water.
Here are a few simple steps to take you through a simple and easy New Moon Ritual:
CREATE SACRED SPACE
– Light your candle and touch the tip of the Sage, Palo Santo, or Copal to the candle flame. When it ignites, blow out the flame. The stick will begin to emit fragrant smoke. Slowly rotate the stick once around the top of your head in a circular motion, then around your body, from your head to your feet, and back up to your head again 1 – 3 times to “cleanse” your mental and physical body. Feel free to go throughout your home and cleanse the space with the sacred smoke. Put the stick in a small, fireproof plate and let it burn out.
GROUND YOURSELF IN THE SPACE
– Imagine a golden cord that reaches from the base of your spine to the center of the earth and connects you to the land, to the planet, to all humankind. Take some deep breaths. Breathe in stability and peace.
– Gently shake the bottle of Love, Health, or Wealth Anointing Oil or Essential Oil of choice. Apply a few drops to each of your wrists in a circular motion, then gently rub your wrists together to release the aroma of the oil. Raise your wrists to an inch beneath your nose and gently inhale the aroma of the oil through your nose. Let the scent permeate your body in blessing. Quietly repeat the words, “I am Love”, “I am Health” or “I am Wealth” as you slowly exhale your breath through your mouth.
– Close your eyes. Bring your attention to the center of your heart and notice how you are feeling. There are no “right” or “wrong”, “good” or “bad” feelings. Being honestly aware of your emotional “climate,” of how you feel in the present moment, can lead you to deeper insights about who you are and who you want to be. Self-awareness is the first step in every stage of your transformation.
– Call upon the Divine, Source, God (however you identify with the Creator) to fill your heart space with Love and clarity.
– In your Notebook write down any feelings, thoughts, or words. The New Moon is a perfect time to be setting clear intentions on how you want to feel and what you want to create in the 2-week cycle so go ahead and jot that down.
– Take another full-body breath of your anointing oil aroma on your wrists to complete the process. Enjoy a sip of tea or water.
When you feel ready, end your spiritual ritual practice by acknowledging and appreciating yourself for taking this time to nourish your Spirit.
Interested in more rituals? Click HERE to join our newsletter & receive updates about the New Moon, Full Moon, and customized rituals for your spiritual practice along with special offerings, events, & more!