Invoke the Magic of the
Full Moon in Libra with this Moon Tea Ritual
You will need:
- Deeply nourishing dried or fresh herbs such as Jasmine, Thyme, elderflowers, and Ashwagandha.
- Large jar with a lid
- Gemstones for around your ritual area that are calming and balancing such as Sodalite or Lapis Lazuli or anything you feel drawn to. These Gemstones are considered to be toxic when ingested so please be sure to only use these stones outside of the water or anything else being added. Check all other gemstones used for toxicity. If you want to keep it simple, Clear Quartz is always a great option.
Piece of paper and a pen for journaling
1. Begin setting up your ritual space by placing anything around you or on your altar that helps make you feel connected to the Divine energy. You may incorporate fresh flowers, crystals, photos, candles, or any other sacred objects you feel called to.
3. Find a comfortable place to sit near your workspace and begin to ground yourself by taking deep, slow breaths, feeling your energy descend through your lower chakras and into the Earth. Inhale for a count of 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, then exhale for a count of 4 to really balance the mind, body, & spirit.
4. Take a few minutes to meditate on what is coming up for you during this Libra Full Moon. Where in your life are you feeling out of balance? Breathe into these areas of your life as you send them love and healing.
5. Ask for clarity on where you can make any adjustments needed in these areas of your life. Once you are clear about what your intention is, write it down on a piece of paper.
6. Place your herbs into the jar. While holding the jar, repeat the affirmation: “All areas of my life are harmonious and balanced.” to really tap into the Libra energy that this day is offering.
7. Finally, fill your jar with freshly boiled water and again repeat the affirmation, “All areas of my life are harmonious and balanced”.
8. Place your steeping herbs in the full moonlight if you have access to it (otherwise in your scared space is great). If you have crystals you’d like to incorporate, place them directly against your jar to infuse your moon tea with the energy of your stones. Be careful about placing gemstones into the water as some of them can be toxic to our bodies. Place your written intention under the jar.
9. Before closing your ceremony, be sure to thank the Divine energy for supporting you in this ritual.
Drink your moon tea throughout the next day (or two) and every time you take a sip come back to your intention, and repeat the affirmation, “All areas of my life are harmonious and balanced”.
+ Interested in more rituals? Click HERE to join our newsletter & receive updates about the New Moon, Full Moon, and customized rituals for your spiritual practice along with special offerings, events, & more!