Aromatherapy uses essential oils for therapeutic benefit. The quality of essential oils on the market varies greatly, from pure essential oils to those diluted with less expensive ingredients. We like to use Floracopeia for their wild-crafted ingredients and organic botanicals as well as their sustainable and ethical sourcing. Essential oils can be used for all kinds of different needs both inside and outside the body.
These are some of the common everyday essential oils and some examples of how you can use them in everyday life to support you in dealing with the common symptoms of life…
Refreshing | Lemon
Lemon oil can help boost your immune system and keep your acidity levels balanced.
– rinse and gargle with 2 drops of lemon oil in ½ glass of lukewarm water for a sore throat.
– mix in a diffuser with bergamot to purify the air or mix in a few drops of rosemary for a crisp refreshing scent.
Balancing | Bergamot
Bergamot oil is soothing but also stimulating, depending what you need in order to balance your mood.
– bathe in a few drops of bergamot oil.
– mix in a diffuser with ylang ylang for an uplifting vibe or mix with some lavender to relax.
Comforting | Rosemary
Rosemary oil has a bright and cheerful scent which can be used to steady nerves and sharpen focus however it is not recommended for pregnant women or people sensitive to epilepsy.
– combine with a cream/oil to treat aches and pains.
– mix in a diffuser with eucalyptus to open up the nasal passage or mix with lavender for a calming aroma.
Relaxing | Lavender
Lavender oil is very well known for its relaxing effects.
– sprinkle a few drops of Lavender oil on a cold moist compress for headaches or hot a compress for body aches and pains.
– mix in a diffuser with eucalyptus for those spa day smells or Rosemary to soothe tension.
Soothing | Ylang Ylang
Ylang Ylang oil encourages the body to release endorphins which boost libido as well as soothe stress, anxiety, sadness, tension, and sleeplessness.
– bathe in a few drops of ylang ylang or mix a few drops with a cream/oil used for body massage.
– mix in a diffuser with grapefruit for its uplifting effects or sandalwood for a more sensual scent.