DETOXIFYING FOOT SOAK RITUAL
Did you know that your feet have the most nerves of any part of your body? This vital part of your nervous system is also responsible for supporting your body and its entire weight on the ground, as well as absorbing any weight changes, which is why they are so important to look after. It’s easy to see why the foot bath ritual is so important in so many cultures and traditions.
Cleansing one’s feet has been a tradition all over the world since ancient times, for hygienic as well as therapeutic and relaxing reasons. For centuries, Asia, North Africa, and India have promoted it, while Eastern cultures have introduced it later.
Why not incorporate such a ritual into your daily practice at home?
You can make it even more healing and powerful by using Moon Water from the energy of the Full Moon. It’s an easy way to supercharge your detoxifying foot soak ritual.
Because the Moon affects the ocean’s tides, there’s already an energetic connection between the elements of water and the Moon.
The Moon also rules over the subconscious and intuitive aspects of the self and opens up a gateway to release and let go of what no longer serves us.
By adding an intention to your moon water and foot soak ritual you can harness the magic of the Full Moon, so be sure to create one!
Before beginning this ritual, take a moment to gather your supplies and make your moon water. Here are some we recommend. Feel free to take what works or substitute it with things you already have in your home.
- Basin or large bowl
- Sacred Soaking Salts special blend can be picked up at Lemongrass for $18. You may also use Pink Himalayan salt or Epsom Salt
- Moon Water (leave about 1-2 gallons of water outside overnight to capture the energy of the full moon even if you can’t see the Full Moon, the water will still charge, Remember to set an intention for your moon water and foot soak ritual! )
- Herbs or flowers
- Sage or Palo Santo
- Water-safe crystals, like rose quartz, clear quartz, or amethyst (optional)
- Essential oils
- Pumice stone
- Journal for intention setting
- Start by creating a purified and intentional sacred space by smudging yourself and your space with Sage or Palo Santo.
- Light some candles and begin to fill up a large bowl or basin with your Moon Water.
- Add about 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt into your Moon Water.
- Sprinkle your herbs or flowers into the warm basin water and add a few drops of essential oil to the mix.
- You may place your crystal around the outside of the basin or with the water itself. It is important to make sure the crystals do not have any water-soluble properties as this may leak toxins that may be absorbed into your skin.**
- Begin to soak your feet in the beautiful ritual water energy you have just created for 15-20 minutes.
- This is a good time to speak out loud or journal what you would like to release or let go of.
- After your feet have soaked, you can take a pumice stone and scrub the bottoms of your feet to remove any dead skin cells for super soft feet (optional).
Remove the gemstones and herbs from the water after you have finished and set them aside to bring as an offering to a nearby tree. Thank the Divine for being with you at this moment and guiding you closer to living your highest potential. When pouring the water out, picture everything you released leaving with it.
When finished, blow out your candles with gratitude, releasing your intentions out into the universe one final time.
While the Full Moon is when we are energetically supported for detoxification and release, feel free to incorporate this ritual into your practice at any time. It does not have to always be specific to the Full Moon.
Interested in more rituals? Join our newsletter in the footer below to receive our bi-weekly emails with New Moon, Full Moon, and customized rituals for your spiritual practice.