Space Cleansing Ritual
We have made it through the Winter Solstice portal and are beginning to reach the energy of the New Moon in Capricorn! The past 2 years have been a rough ride but we are still pulling through collectively and adjusting where needed.
While there isn’t much we can do to change what’s going on in the world, we can do our best to change what we can, accept what we cannot, and perhaps shift our thoughts to express more gratitude for all the good things we still have. One thing we can do, clear out and let go of all the energy of the past couple of years that is no longer serving a purpose and channel some positive energy back into our homes, which has really become a sanctuary for us over the past couple of years.
While it’s usually during the Full Moon that we do our purging, the New Moon at the beginning of the year offers a lot of support in really taking all the steps to start fresh! With the New Moon in Capricorn, we are getting a double dose of new beginnings, and the ideal time to organize our year ahead realistically and pragmatically.
So, how can we cleanse the negative energy that has infiltrated our homes this year, and perhaps even purify our own energies? A New Moon Space Clearing Ritual that can help you and your home prepare for a brighter year ahead!
New Year + New Moon Cleansing Ritual
- Start in a room where the energy feels the most stagnant. If you have a least-favorite room in the house, this is a good place to start. Be sure to open windows or crack any doors so that’s the smoke and negative energy can escape.
- Light your smudging tool of choice & carry an abalone shell or plate with you to catch anything that falls away.
- Start in the doorway and move in a clockwise direction through the room. Moving clockwise is moving in harmony with the natural world, so you’ll always want to move in that direction.
- Use a feather to waft the smoke into every area of the room. Raise and lower your smudging stick so the smoke gets to the floor, as well as the ceiling. Really pay attention to the corners in each room. Stagnant energy tends to get stuck in the corners.
- In each room, as you smudge, repeat this cleansing mantra. “I release all energy that does not serve me, all negativity that surrounds me, and all the fear that limits me.”
- Repeat this process throughout every room in your house and be sure to keep windows open for a bit to allow the smoke to escape.
Enjoy your newly cleansed space and all the clean energy!!
Stop by Lemongrass for all your My Spiritual Ritual tools!
Sign up for our Newsletter to get bi-weekly updates on New + Full Moon astrological updates, Monthly rituals, Full Moon events, and more!