When Tara decided to create Lemongrass Center with a conscious business model, she knew partnering with Aveda would help bring that vision to life.
Founded in 1978 in Minneapolis, MN, Aveda creates plant-based hair, skin and body products for beauty professionals and consumers. Aveda innovates in botanical technologies, combining the principles of modern science and Ayurveda, the ancient healing art of India, to develop performance-driven hair, skin and body products—made with pure flower and plant essences—that are created with respect for the Earth, and a comprehensive menu of ritual-based treatments for holistic beauty. (via americansalon.com)
Throughout the years, Aveda has pioneered new benchmarks of environmental responsibility in beauty. It was the first company to sign the Ceres Principles in 1989 – a nonprofit organization mobilizing business leadership on climate change, water scarcity and other sustainability challenges – and the first beauty company to manufacture with 100 percent wind power in its primary facility. (via americansalon.com)
Aveda Is An Industry Leader
Aveda was also the first beauty company to receive a Cradle To Cradle charter for its commitment to sustainable products, packaging and production. In 2013, Aveda was honored with the first Legacy Leaders Award from Cradle to Cradle for its pioneering role in environmental leadership. Currently 11 products are Cradle To Cradle Certified .Since1999, Aveda’s annual Earth Month campaign, held each April, has raised more than $44 million to support environmental projects around the world. (via americansalon.com)
Committed To Sustainable Global Partnerships
- Aveda Mission Statement, “We are reminded that we can make a difference from the little things we do every day that impact the whole.”
- Aveda was founded in 1978 with the goal of providing the beauty industry with one of the most naturally derived – high performance – botanically based products that are beneficial for service providers, guests, and the planet.
- Right now, more than 90% of the essential oil and herbal ingredients in Aveda products are certified organic.
- Aveda has a farming co-op with Brazil, Morocco, Bulgaria, Australia, and Spain; supporting fair pay for organic ingredients.
- All Aveda products are manufactured with 100% wind power.